JOB LISTINGS AT HAHS SITES
Position: Exhibitions Coordinator - Part Time
Site: The Saint-Gaudens Memorial, Cornish, New Hampshire: The Saint-Gaudens Memorial (SGM) is a nonprofit organization incorporated in 1919 to promote the legacy of the American sculptor Augustus Saint-Gaudens and to preserve his home, studios, and collections in Cornish, New Hampshire. That property is now the Saint-Gaudens National Historical Park (the Park), a unit of the National Park Service, open to the public seasonally from late May to late October. The SGM continues as an active partner with, and advocate for, the Park through temporary exhibitions, Sunday afternoon concerts, artists’ fellowships, and educational programs.
Start Date: Immediate Opening
Position and Compensation Summary: The SGM has presented art exhibitions at the Park since 1948. Though sometimes historic in content, most of the exhibitions are contemporary as the SGM seeks to provide visitors with insights into evolution of artistic expression over the last century and, more generally, to promote sculpture and the arts. The SGM generally sponsors three exhibitions per season, usually installed in the Picture Gallery or occasionally on Park grounds. One of the exhibitions features the work of the Saint-Gaudens Fellow from the preceding year (selected by the SGM Fellowship Committee) and the other exhibitions are selected by the SGM Exhibitions Committee. The Exhibitions Coordinator position is part-time, with the heaviest concentration of work in the spring, summer, and early fall months. The Exhibitions Coordinator works with the Exhibitions Committee and reports directly to its Chair, as well as maintains ongoing communication with the SGM Executive Director and Park staff. The position entails all logitical aspects of planning, installing and publicizing these exhibitions.
The annual compensation for the Exhibitions Coordinator position for 2019 is $7,000 to be paid in 12 equal monthly payments. The Exhibitions Coordinator is responsible for all personal income taxes and insurance.
Position: Database Manager - Part Time
Site: Thomas Cole National Historic Site, Catskill, NY
Start Date: Immediate Opening
Qualifications: Seeking a qualified part-time database manager to develop and maintain the donor database (Raiser’s Edge/NXT). The candidate should have 2+ years’ experience working with Raiser’s Edge database administration with a non-profit organization. To apply, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Database Manager” in the subject line.
Summary Job Description: The Database Manager is responsible for providing support to the Development Department by carrying out the duties required to develop and maintain Thomas Cole Historic House’s donor database (Raiser’s Edge/NXT) and provide information to other departments as needed.
- Perform gift entry in Raiser’s Edge, entering gifts on a weekly basis.
- Work with the Business Manager to gather all gift entry data.
- Produce Raiser’s Edge/NXT reports for Development and Finance.
- Manage Raiser’s Edge donor database, including maintenance, global changes, reporting, queries, and data clean-up projects with the goal of providing current, consistent and accurate data. Perform updates and corrections to data records as requested by TCHS staff.
- Support the Development Associate in the best practices of pulling mailing lists.
- Perform periodic database reconciliations with Business Manager.
- Create organization database training manual and training documentation including protocols for data entry. Train staff and troubleshoot issues as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of donor information.
- And any other duties as assigned.