Position Description: Development Operations Manager - FT
Location: Thomas Cole National Historic Site, Catskill, New York
The Thomas Cole National Historic Site is seeking a detail-oriented self-starter with a passion for organization and information systems and experience in Blackbaud’s Raisers’ Edge software for this full-time position. The Development Operations Manager reports directly to the Director of External Relations.
- Create events in Raiser’s Edge event module, utilize RE software to track RSVPs for fundraising events and coordinate check-in process. Maintain continual contact with Chairman regarding RSVPs, table assignments, and payments.
- Coordinate, plan and execute all aspects of development events under the direction of the DER – this includes three annual fundraising events – both at the TCNHS, those held at off-site locations and in the digital space if conditions require. Coordinate with all departments for tailored event needs. Create checklist of tasks and event run of show for each development event, including design, set-up, execution and clean up, and ensure all tasks are completed. Maintain event budget and ensure that expenses fall within expected parameters.
- Serve as point of contact for rentals of the TCNHS facilities for outside events including weddings.
- Responsible for ensuring that all gifts are accurately recorded in Raiser’s Edge donor database in a timely manner. Enter all incoming gifts and pledges into Raiser’s Edge donor database. Responsible for proper financial coding and submitting payments to bookkeeper on a regular basis. Run pledge reports and send follow up letters at appropriate intervals.
- Create RE queries for mailings, newsletters and annual reports.
- Coordinate, execute and track donor mailings in coordination with ED and DER.
- Record donor and prospect touch points and movement in RE in coordination with ED and DER.
- Oversee and grow the membership program – defined as annual gifts under $1,000; update levels and benefits as needed, send membership materials and develop and execute a strategy to engage members and increase overall membership revenue.
- Run membership renewal reports and send renewal letters each month.
- Work with the DER to write membership and acknowledgement language and identify gifts that require personalized acknowledgements from the ED.
- Track outstanding acknowledgements and follow up to stay on schedule. Send gift acknowledgement letters within one week of receiving the gift.
Print & Website
- Oversee production schedule of all printed materials as well as emailed invitations. Contribute to design process under the direction of the DER.
- Support DER with website updates to thomascole.org in WordPress.
Location, Schedule and Compensation: This is an on-site position located at Thomas Cole Historic House’s administrative offices in Catskill, New York. Compensation is based on skills and experience. Position includes a competitive benefits package.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability preferred:
- Two years+ of donor database experience, preferably Raiser’s Edge.
- Two years+ experience working for cultural institution and/or non-profit in a development and event planning capacity.
- Familiarity with website content management systems, preferably WordPress
- Enthusiasm for the Thomas Cole National Historic Site’s mission and strategic priorities
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills with ability to manage several projects simultaneously and multi-task effectively.
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy and ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong collaboration skills with ability to work independently.
The Thomas Cole National Historic Site (TCNHS) is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply:
Submit a one-page resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be prepared to submit three professional references upon request.